Thursday, February 25, 2010

How do I clear melted-plastic fumes out of the microwave?

When a ';microwave-safe'; bowl isn't, you end up with a lot of melted plastic. Some of it, of course, ends up in the atmosphere and settles on the walls and inner parts of the microwave. So how do I clean the microwave well enough to make sure I don't get poisoned with the next food I put in?





(Assuming, of course, the next microwave-safe bowl I put in really is.)How do I clear melted-plastic fumes out of the microwave?
You aren't going to get pasted on residue that will poison you when you use the unit again. You could get some strange smells for a while.


Add lemon juice to water, about half and half, and heat to medium high--just to the boiling point. Don't open the door. Let it sit for a while, maybe two hours.


Remove the juice, wipe out the interior with a non scratching cleanser, and then do it once more. The odors may slightly linger but not for long. They will be replaced by new cooking odors before long.How do I clear melted-plastic fumes out of the microwave?
What I usally do and usally works is that you place a bowl of water inside and heat it for about a minute or two and then it gets the sides wet and then just try to wipe down with a wet cloth. It always works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment